all posts post new thread

Barbell Curl Big Weights for Reps

I got 90 x 7 for now. :D

IMO the rules should be that a little body English is ok but you shouldn't be cleaning the weight up. lol It would be on the honor system obviously, but it shouldn't look like this...

If we do that, it's going to top out pretty quickly.

Some might be able to curl 135 lbs / 60 kg.

But who can curl 225 lbs / 100 kg?
I think smaller increments are fine, but I suggested that in what was supposed to be the OHP big plates thread and it got shot down. lol

My suggestion would be increments of bar, 135lb, 185, 225, 275, etc, but that may be too U.S.-centric. The metric system may actually be easier if we went w. 20kg, 40, 60, 80, 100, etc...

The original rules are clear, big plates or no plates at all. You'll be giving a pinky on a slippery slope if you slip from it.

I think WRPF has some curl meets. There are some videos on social media. I don't really train curls myself but I heartily endorse the curl aa an event and hope.it makes it to the olympics.

The original rules are clear, big plates or no plates at all. You'll be giving a pinky on a slippery slope if you slip from it.

I think WRPF has some curl meets. There are some videos on social media. I don't really train curls myself but I heartily endorse the curl aa an event and hope.it makes it to the olympics.

Meh, original rules for full body compounds shouldn't be slavishly applied to an arm movement.

We can make our own rules.

My suggestion would be increments of bar, 135lb, 185, 225, 275, etc, but that may be too U.S.-centric. The metric system may actually be easier if we went w. 20kg, 40, 60, 80, 100, etc...
I'd agree with this, although it's probably just going to be people curling 135 and below anyways. ROFL

Last edited:
I think double yellows is within spitting distance.
Not to change the subject completely, but I have no 35 lb and not 15 kg plates in my home gym. I couldn't see the point in them. It's not proper color science, but in weight lifting, green + white = yellow.

-S-

Not to change the subject completely, but I have no 35 lb and not 15 kg plates in my home gym. I couldn't see the point in them. It's not proper color science, but in weight lifting, green + white = yellow.

-S-
Ah yes but a red and a yellow equal two blues!

-S-

I have 1 set of big yellows and 1 set of small yellow for sports psychology reasons

Back
Top Bottom