all posts post new thread

TRT Update - 6 Weeks

HCG Expert opinion: The testosterone and sperm production triggering effects of HCG without the side effects on fertility seen in testosterone replacement therapy make HCG therapy a prime candidate for patients suffering from secondary hypogonadism. PUBMED

CLOMID Conclusion: Clomiphene citrate is an effective therapy on short and long term, improving both clinical symptoms and biochemical markers of male hypogonadism with few side effects and good safety aspects. PUBMED

STACK Six months of testing approximately 2 hour window. When I started the stack the first couple of days I felt I was driving more aggressive so I became mindful. Over time I did not notice much effect in the gym. The gains I did obtain I attribute to proper programming “StrongFirst” load waving, practice reps and not going to failure.

ORGANIC ASHWAGANDA 800mg (dr. mercola)
TONGKAT ALI COMPLEX 1020mg (double wood)
DHEA 200mg (life extension) tested levels? yes.
DIM DIINDOLYMETHANE 400mg (double wood)
BORON 6mg (life extension)

No 300’s may not be optimal but you can get stronger and build muscle you just have to do all things needful eating, sleeping, programing more perfect than when your in your 20’s and 30’s.

*Again congratulations to the original post glad you feel better.*
Interesting. I'm starting on Boron next week and was using Ashwaganda only for stress relief, not for boosting T. Not yet trying DHEA until I get tested for levels. Interesting side note: boosting dopamine boosts T, so the morning 3 minute cold shower after a warm shower is now on my list (thanks Gary Brecka).

That would be the issue with taking hormones. Once your body has additional hormones introduced, it stops making it naturally. Then people end up having higher estrogen because the body gets confused. I agree though, it would be better to do everything you can to check your diet, activity level, sleep, etc to be the healthy person you need to be without any substance.
I have tried for three years to raise my levels naturally. My body wasn't interested in doing that. I think because I had 6 kids and used up all my testosterone lol

I have tried for three years to raise my levels naturally. My body wasn't interested in doing that. I think because I had 6 kids and used up all my testosterone lol
Yeah, every supplement that "raises test" I've researched at best does a non clinically significant increase. Unless there is a nutrient deficit of course.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the supplements that work have some off label pharmaceuticals in them. And at that point, you should just be taking the real deal so you know what the heck you are taking.

I'm not knocking you at all. If the doctor tests me at some point and says I would benefit, then I would probably do what I needed to do. I'm glad it is helping you!

Yeah, every supplement that "raises test" I've researched at best does a non clinically significant increase. Unless there is a nutrient deficit of course.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the supplements that work have some off label pharmaceuticals in them. And at that point, you should just be taking the real deal so you know what the heck you are taking.
Exactly. And my biggest issue was feeling tired alot and the brain fog issue. I would give up 5 years of my life to not have that brainfog issue for the next 20 years. It was bad and within a week of being on testosterone I felt a big difference on that brainfog and energy - something I have heard anothers say as I have been researching TRT for the past few years. So I was pretty good about making this decision. I even had a brain MRI just to rule something out. Took three years and a lot of tests with the VA (Veterans Administration) before they felt confident to foot the bill to pay for this and that perhaps low T was my problem. I'm just glad I spent so much time learning about it so I could properly advocate for myself.

I'm not knocking you at all. If the doctor tests me at some point and says I would benefit, then I would probably do what I needed to do. I'm glad it is helping you!
Thanks!! I'm 56 and I think once I hit 50 I noticed all sorts of things changing. I joke that it feels like everything is slowly dieing and you have to work hard to keep everything normal! Things I hadn't given a second thought too when I was younger and now I'm like, "Is this normal?" ROFL

Thanks!! I'm 56 and I think once I hit 50 I noticed all sorts of things changing. I joke that it feels like everything is slowly dieing and you have to work hard to keep everything normal! Things I hadn't given a second thought too when I was younger and now I'm like, "Is this normal?" ROFL
I hear you! I will be 38 next week. My constant goal is to stay as young as possible for as long as possible, whatever that means for the time being.

Interesting. I'm starting on Boron next week and was using Ashwaganda only for stress relief, not for boosting T. Not yet trying DHEA until I get tested for levels. Interesting side note: boosting dopamine boosts T, so the morning 3 minute cold shower after a warm shower is now on my list (thanks Gary Brecka).
I still haven't tried the cold shower or cold water bath trick yet. I live in Maine and I struggle going in the lake here in August when the water is at it's warmest.

I hear you! I will be 38 next week. My constant goal is to stay as young as possible for as long as possible, whatever that means for the time being.
Great goal!! By all means don't do what I did - party like I was a member of an 80's hair band for 35 years! Wreaks havoc on one's health and hard to play catch up. ROFL don't get me wrong - was a lot of fun at times...but I sure didn't do my health any good. But I'm still alone and been focused on health and fitness and getting strong - so all is not lost!

I still haven't tried the cold shower or cold water bath trick yet. I live in Maine and I struggle going in the lake here in August when the water is at it's warmest.
I have low dopamine (and my genetic test confirms I'm prone to it) and the 3 minute cold shower worked although I didn't really notice the effect until about 2 hours later and it lasted for about 2 hours after that.

A fun example is this guy: Alex Hormozi Gained 35lbs in 6 Weeks Naturally (Here's How) let it out that his T levels were at about 145 for most of his life. He started TRT in the past couple years to bring it up to the 500's.
Thank you,
I’ll buy that. You can see the genetics. The guy’s body was just waiting for some food and heavy training. If the truth be told he probably didn’t sleep well, but maybe. Genetics play a roll see a picture of Phil Hill when he played basketball. Also Jay Cutler was a big boy as a youngster. Brian Shaw as a basketball player, goes without saying.

But I'm also gonna split the dose into two weekly injections as I am noticing a return of some symptoms on day 6 and 7. So I am hoping that splitting the dose in half and taking on Sunday and Wednesday morning will help me keep things a little more smooth so I'm not crashing on day 7 and finding myself saying "I can't wait till Monday so I can get another shot and feel better."
Are you able to access transdermal cream or gel? This can be taken daily to avoid the inconsistent levels. Also saves the hassle of injections.

Are you able to access transdermal cream or gel? This can be taken daily to avoid the inconsistent levels. Also saves the hassle of injections.

I've spoken to the doc about this and seems I can get ahold of it. She said the protocol they use is to rub it on your shoulders - either one wipe, two, three, or four, depending upon how much I would need. She suggested we could investigate this later on once we see how my body adjusts to the injections. I can definitely see the upside of having consistent levels. I don't know much about the downsides other than I just need to be sure to wash my hands well and make sure I'm not wiping this testosterone on my girlfriend by accident. Not sure how long it takes for the gel/cream to dry and how easy it can be absorbed by things like bed sheets. And if I have to take multiple wipes of that gel I wonder how time consuming that would be? But I'll definitely be exploring it.

I've spoken to the doc about this and seems I can get ahold of it. She said the protocol they use is to rub it on your shoulders - either one wipe, two, three, or four, depending upon how much I would need. She suggested we could investigate this later on once we see how my body adjusts to the injections. I can definitely see the upside of having consistent levels. I don't know much about the downsides other than I just need to be sure to wash my hands well and make sure I'm not wiping this testosterone on my girlfriend by accident. Not sure how long it takes for the gel/cream to dry and how easy it can be absorbed by things like bed sheets. And if I have to take multiple wipes of that gel I wonder how time consuming that would be? But I'll definitely be exploring it.
The She Hulk movie was bad enough without accidentally creating a sequel that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom