all posts post new thread

Strength? Endurance? How Are You Combining?

@3letterslong @C. Schwartz

Am interested in these Maxwell's Isometrics you mention. Are they vastly different to what I could learn from North Coast Miller's thread on this website ?
lol they're pretty different. Mostly the same exercises, but the time you hold them for makes them feel pretty vastly different. Miller is all about generating high tension, these are about holding for 90 seconds. BUT you could still get a lot out of that thread if you're interested in isometrics because many different types of isometrics are discussed.

Personally, I'm looking forward to feeling like I've mastered the basics enough to move onto high-tension isometrics. I'm only doing these long ones to develop the muscle control I need to be productive like Miller is.

Day 1 - Strength training. Primarily barbell squat clean to strict press and pull-ups, but sometimes home workouts using heavy sandbags/KBs.
Day 2 - Endurance. Typically I ruck on these days, but sometimes I will run or do other cardio.
Day 3 - Work capacity. Burpees primarily with some pull-ups and pistol squat practice. Every third session is pull-ups, push-ups, air squats.
Day 4 - Endurance. Running moreso on these days but sometimes I will ruck.

Repeat as much as possible.

If I have to take a day off, I try to take no more than two days off. I also alternate in OS movements as a finisher (crawl, carry, get up, etc.).

Today is my first day off in 8 days due to a heavy strength day tomorrow and a lot of rucking yesterday.

@3letterslong @C. Schwartz

Am interested in these Maxwell's Isometrics you mention. Are they vastly different to what I could learn from North Coast Miller's thread on this website ?
I haven't tried out Miller's stuff, but will eventually. I feel a little bad talking about Maxwell here because he's said some pretty undignified things about Strongfirst in other contexts. But I have to say that I have really liked this program, because it's just extremely simple: get a forearm forklift, watch the instruction video once, and you can do a very effective strength workout in like 12 minutes anywhere, anytime.

Endurance - MOSTLY LISS work (Zone 2 for me is 162 BPM or less), and kettlebell ballistics
Strength - It depends on what resources I have in terms of time and such. I'm running Iron Cardio and Rule of 10 Deadlift work blended with my Q&D 033/AXE baseline (every six weeks I'm alternating between the two).

Back
Top Bottom