all posts post new thread

New to Powerlifting

Deadlift form check? I think I am dialing it in more and more!!!

Note- not to be weird, but that little bounce thing I do with the bar is because it kept catching on my junk and got stuck lol

Yes, i need to stop looking down. Outside of that would like critique!

Deadlift form check? I think I am dialing it in more and more!!!
You aren't locking out your knees at the top of your deadlift - you should. Try thinking about bringing your hips forward once the bar passes your sticking point (likely mid-calf or around the knees).

You have got _way_ more in you than that weight, I'm sure.

-S-

my current tested max is 485- i pulled that(stupidly, i admit) cold, no warmup, a few weeks back (with homemade straps)

I now have better straps, and with warmup would like to think I'll break the 500lb mark.... for some reason my deadlift is lacking behind all the others.,.. id LOVE to see 550 out of me, maybe we will test that at the actual gym because I dont have the weights lol

@theck4291
Ton’s of great advice, well done starting this thread. You’ve got a team of PT’s working with you now.
All I’ve got to say is you’ve been blessed with the gift of strength. Go for for it mate, let’s see what ya got. Learn, lift & dial in your form & who knows what you’re capable of, my guess is big things brother.

Back
Top Bottom