all posts post new thread

Has anyone gone through a course like this?

Somehow I missed this thread when it was started. Lots of comments I agree with.

It seems like it's been gone over a multitude of ways, but I just have two cents:

This reminds me a lot of the idea that the gym is somehow equivalent to therapy. It's not.

This is not to say that strenuous physical activity doesn't have benefits on someone's mood, discipline, self-esteem etc. It IS to say that there is no substitute for actually getting in touch with your emotions, and learning to be more self-aware. When I say "self aware," I mean aware of the way you actually are acting and thinking, not the way you want to see yourself acting/thinking.

I've written it before, but I'll always write it again: if you had trouble with your plumbing, you'd call a plumber. If you want to see better results in the gym, you go to a coach. So if you're having trouble being the best family man you can, why are you going to a "drill sargeant" for help? There are people called family/marriage counselors and therapists who spent years learning how to help with that. I get a little irritated when people try to equate their knowledge, expertise and success in one field with knowledge, expertise and success in some other, often unrelated field. You see it in scammy programs like these.

Guessing some strong bonds are formed over the 75 hours, and long term networking etc.
My first thought was that it was a networking event that forced interaction.

If it was likely to open doors to future positions that i would otherwise miss out on, then I'd pay the 18k.

Screenshot_20240409_200105_DuckDuckGo.jpg
It seems unlikely that it would lead to anything unless they pre-vetted the groups by industry though... so it's a pass for me.

Coming to this late as well, but I can say (from actual experience) that many people would be surprised that on a traditional, 5 day silent Ignatian retreat (and I do mean silent) more than a few people "break" and can't finish the retreat.
Excellent point! Considering how much of the strength game is mental, I believe that this calls upon the same type mental muscle and that a five day “word fast” would be extremely challenging.

on a traditional, 5 day silent Ignatian retreat (and I do mean silent) more than a few people "break" and can't finish the retreat.
I found that this was the hardest part of solo treks for me.
When I had a task to do or I was hiking it was fine, but I missed people and movies during down time (especially at night).

Last edited:
18 grand???? I can think of a million other things I'd spend 18k on before that.
The Project is $18,000.

But the cost of NOT experiencing the Project and not becoming the leader, husband, and father you’re meant to be is much more expensive in the long run.
Yeah but think of the long run!

And, cmon, do those other things have testimonials from the wives of the men that spent money on them?! Did those wives say to let him do it?

But on a serious note, is Steve Eckert there seriously trying to to get away with low-key duck lips in his photo?

Could always just join the freemasons I think that's free.
Actually not a bad line of thinking.

You could join the local volunteer fire department, search and rescue team, rotary club, BSA troop, humane society, state guard, shelter, one million cups, etc.

Learn some new skills, make your community a bit better, and become a better yourself as a side effect.

I’d skip the chamber of commerce for business though. I’ve yet to see one that is more than a mutual scissor ceremony society.

I’d skip the chamber of commerce for business though. I’ve yet to see one that is more than a mutual scissor ceremony society.
lol. This reminds me of the fitness industry. I never would have believed how much of it is fitness people selling to other fitness people until I had an inside view. In my other business we call this a "self-licking ice cream cone."

lol. This reminds me of the fitness industry. I never would have believed how much of it is fitness people selling to other fitness people until I had an inside view. In my other business we call this a "self-licking ice cream cone."
I swear I see a new certification program roll through every day. I’m not even in the fitness industry, I just see a new combo of post name letters and wonder what the heck that is.

I saw something like primal move national certified, googled it and came across a dozen certifications all using some variation of “primal” and “movement”.

How many clients are even thinking “hey I better make sure my potential fitness coach knows primal movement”?

Some people really say they are life changers. Others claim its a waste of time and money.

I welcome your input.

Serious poseur vibes.

For that money, I'd rather build my own small building.

Digging, laying a foundation, framing, roofing, etc.

It would also be physically challenging.

I'd have a building I built myself at the end, an accomplishment.

And not have that smell of fakery.

Back
Top Bottom