all posts post new thread

What music do you listen to when you train?

Ha, you didn't forget :)
It was amazing. Incredible show, everything integrated - guitar/bass/drums/vocals, along with lights/graphics/lasers/other effects. Music sounded specactuar. Heard it and felt it. Set list: Fear Inoculum / Jambi / Rosetta Stoned / Pneuma / Intolerance / Descending / The Grudge / Intermission / Chocolate Chip Trip / Flood / Invincible / Stinkfist. Danny was brilliant, and Maynard's vocals were top notch. My husband is a fan of the older stuff, and I am more a fan of the newer stuff, so we both got what we wanted. My favorites were Jambi, Pneuma, Descending, Invincible. But also the rest.
Definitely go see them if you get a chance! Or see them again, if you have already!

Didn’t realise that StrongFirst community has a lot of TOOL fans !!….. Very Cool !!!

I listen to music and the kind of music depending on my mood. EDM, Rock, or Metal when I listen. EDM is more generic and don’t have too much of a preference, so I run any generic playlist on Apple Music. Rock and Metal, I’m a bit more specific. More recently I’ve been revisiting Death, Edge of Sanity, The Faceless, and Necrophagist.
Elder is opening for TOOL on the current tour. Highly recommend. Dead Roots Stirring is an amazing album, more classic stoner rock sound. Innante Passage is great if you prefer something more proggy.

It was amazing. Incredible show, everything integrated - guitar/bass/drums/vocals, along with lights/graphics/lasers/other effects. Music sounded specactuar. Heard it and felt it. Set list: Fear Inoculum / Jambi / Rosetta Stoned / Pneuma / Intolerance / Descending / The Grudge / Intermission / Chocolate Chip Trip / Flood / Invincible / Stinkfist. Danny was brilliant, and Maynard's vocals were top notch. My husband is a fan of the older stuff, and I am more a fan of the newer stuff, so we both got what we wanted. My favorites were Jambi, Pneuma, Descending, Invincible. But also the rest.
Definitely go see them if you get a chance! Or see them again, if you have already!
Sounds amazing. I'm bummed they aren't nearby on this tour. Did you catch the opener Elder? Can't believe one of my favorite bands is opening for one of my favorite bands and I don't get to attend.

Excellent. Haven't , yet.
It's on the list.

Sounds amazing. I'm bummed they aren't nearby on this tour. Did you catch the opener Elder? Can't believe one of my favorite bands is opening for one of my favorite bands and I don't get to attend.
Yes. Elder was OK... On a scale of 1-10 I'd give them a 4.5 and Tool a 10+. But I'll give them another listen. Thanks for the album recommendations!

Podcast guy here. Particularly the Haunted Cosmos show. Good weird stories about aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts, etc.
It can get creepy on the show, throwing around a kettlebell gives some courage lol.

90s Canadian Alternative
Our Lady Peace, Tragically Hip, Treble Charger, Watchmen
You're making me want to break out my much music sweater...

For training though, iirc Pavel has mentioned that noxious music has been found to increase training performance. xD

currently listening on Spotify (on shuffle): "CHOM-FM Top 500 (2014 Edition)"

That is until I make my own playlists.... I'm finding that AXE and IC do well with flow state music. So Tool, NIN, Floyd and some various prog rock through the ages do best for me.

Back
Top Bottom