all posts post new thread

The 2024 Deadlift Big Plates for Reps Challenge

Definitely Rogue. Looked the price. Fainted. Came back to consciousness.
Yeah, took a good bit of saving to get. I could've saved a little and gotten plain black bumpers, but I couldn't've saved a lot and gotten crumb bumpers as they're too thick to get enough weight on the sleeve. I figured I was going to buy these once and they'll be the last plates I'd need... Buying second hand also saves money.
Rogue bumpers are nice. I went to a gym that had recently purchased thousands of pounds of all new Rogue bumpers, but had (and I s*** you not) exactly ZERO barbells without frozen sleeves and negligible knurling. (and several that were bent)
You'd probably not be a "fan" of my bar. Its a Rogue Boneyard bar and, well, quite rusty. But at least the sleeves spin nicely and the knurling is good! I don't mind the rust...

I deadlifted 225 lbs tonight for the first time ever. I know it's not big plates, but it is to me. My goal is to hit 300 lbs sometime. It'll happen.
In the spreadsheet for this, we count 225 because it's two 45's on each side of a 45 lb bar, and for those who lift in kilos, we count 100 kg because it's about the same thing. Pounds: 135 and add in increments of 90 so then 225, 315, 405, 495. Kilo: 60 then add in increments of 40 so 100, 140, 180, 220, etc. All those are the milestones.

Great work on your part, a real milestone in anyone's lifting life to use 225 lb / 100 kg in any compound lift.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom