all posts post new thread

"Fast and effective" breakfast ideas

pet'

Level 8 Valued Member
Hello,

To keep going on this old thread:

Here is a video of a breakfast which may make sense as "grab and go" thing:

Basically, it goes for
- 2-3 boiled eggs (for conveniency (but not mentioned in the video) one can cook them the evening before)
- handful of berries (regardless the type)
- 1/2L of at least room temperature water

The rational being:
- boiled eggs are easy and convenient. One can throw them in a box / bag, and go. They have a nice balance of protein (white) and healthy fat (yoke)
- berries are full of antioxydants, micronitriments and fibers. They also contains lox glycemic index carbs which prevents from "crash"
- water for [re]hydration. At least room temperature does not cool down the body

That's simple, easy, fast and cheap.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Basically, it goes for
- 2-3 boiled eggs (for conveniency (but not mentioned in the video) one can cook them the evening before)
I like this, this is what I normally due.

But as an American living in Texas I, of course, have to Grande Size it:

4 eggs
handful of berries
1L of water
1L of coffee (black)

:p

Hello,

As a tiny and fragile French...tiny portions :p

Usually, I do IF by skipping breakfast and train first thing in the morning, but as someone who is always hungry...this breakfast piqued my curiosity !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Overnight oats or Museli for a lower carb version. You can get very creative and it's so easy.

This is what I do. Soak some oats overnight (milk or almond milk), toss in some fruit in the morning. Soak them in a protein shake if you're worried about protein.

My favourite grab'n'go breakfast.

Or you can just cook something the night before. I do this a lot, too.

This is what I do. Soak some oats overnight (milk or almond milk), toss in some fruit in the morning. Soak them in a protein shake if you're worried about protein.

I also found adding a dollop of almond butter makes it taste as good as a dessert imo.

Brew up some coffee the night before, add salt, MCT oil, coconut oil, grass fed butter, blend it, put in fridge.
Next morning heat it back up then toss in some good quality whey powder, blend again, toss a handful of mixed beef organ tabs down your pie hole and chase with coffee concoction. You're welcome.

I love hard boiled eggs, especially for travel.

Outside of meal replacement shakes, any breakfast humans have eaten for more than 100 years will probably suffice. Eggs, bread/toast with lots of butter, cheese with cured meats, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, last night’s dinner, nothing….none of these take very long.

I like this, this is what I normally due.

But as an American living in Texas I, of course, have to Grande Size it:

4 eggs
handful of berries
1L of water
1L of coffee (black)

:p
Whereabouts in Texas? I lived in Austin for 7 or 8 years and liked it. Also lived north of Dallas for a while and that was nice too.

I do eggs too, but add an avocado and tip with Salsa and hot sauce. Having been in Austin for several years I find myself putting hot sauce on everything

Hello,

To keep going on this old thread:

Here is a video of a breakfast which may make sense as "grab and go" thing:

Basically, it goes for

The rational being:
- boiled eggs are easy and convenient. One can throw them in a box / bag, and go. They have a nice balance of protein (white) and healthy fat (yoke)
- berries are full of antioxydants, micronitriments and fibers. They also contains lox glycemic index carbs which prevents from "crash"
- water for [re]hydration. At least room temperature does not cool down the body

That's simple, easy, fast and cheap.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Great idea and a great breakfast!

I usually have eggs too. Two whole eggs a cup of egg whites and a chopped up avocado.

But there have been times while on the road working when I would pull into the grocery store and buy a pack of 6 of boiled eggs and chow those down - quite filling.

I have to stay away from high carb breakfasts these days. For whatever reason I am very carb sensitive and have what is called reactive hypoglycemia. So If I eat a ton of carbs and nothing to slow down digestion then about 3 hours later my BS will fall fast and I'll feel like death is imminent - shakes, can't focus on my task at hands can't think of anything other than getting some orange juice down my throat fast. This doesn't happen if I high carb other meals - just that first meal of the day. So I stick with eggs and avacado and all is fine .
Tx for the tip!

If you want a boost for gut health and digestion ...
- soak the oatmeal at room temp with a teaspoon or two of salt for 1 to 2 days in 1:4 oatmeal to water ratio
- heat up to a boil the night before and put into a thermos

That'll get you pre-digested and creamy goodness the next morning. Add whatever you like for flavor and you're ready to go.

Slow is smooth ...
smooth is fast :)

See attached image from “the art of fermentation” by Katz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
If you want a boost for gut health and digestion ...
- soak the oatmeal at room temp with a teaspoon or two of salt for 1 to 2 days in 1:4 oatmeal to water ratio
- heat up to a boil the night before and put into a thermos

That'll get you pre-digested and creamy goodness the next morning. Add whatever you like for flavor and you're ready to go.

Slow is smooth ...
smooth is fast :)

See attached image from “the art of fermentation” by Katz

that's wild!

. My typical breakfast is a couple cups of coffee. If I eat eggs it is 4-6 scrambled or as an omelet with a lot of vegetables. A bacon, tomato, and avocado sandwich. I’m not scientific. And I really like steak and eggs or biscuits with gravy.

Last edited:
There are quite a few ways to get in a quick and easy (and fairly inexpensive) breakfast - it all depends on what you're looking to accomplish nutritionally with the meal.

When I was in my 20's training mainly for size and strength, I was eating 5-6 meals a day. Generally I was training pretty early in the morning due to work, about an hour or so after waking. I used to do one of the following immediately upon waking to get in some calories:

• Overnight Protein Pudding (Whey Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Peanut/Almond Butter, small amount of hot water and whisked into a thick pudding consistency, set in fridge overnight to cool); can also add quick oats and/or honey to the mixture overnight if adding carbs. Additional fruit (berries, banana) on top.

• Protein Mocha (Coffee, Whey Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Half & Half or Heavy Cream). Fruit (berries, banana, oranges/grapefruit) on the side.

Now, I am training more for a balance of strength and endurance goals without as much concern over size (it ends up being a byproduct of all the rowing and strength work anyways). I'm eating more around the lines of 2-3 meals a day within about an 8 hour window; I generally don't have my first solid meal until after training (which is around 2-4 hours after waking in most cases). I'm still getting some calories in upon waking but it's not many (200 cals, maybe a bit less) - just a bit of cocoa powder and heavy cream in coffee. If I was in a spot where I wanted to have more of a meal upon waking, I would probably go with hard boiled eggs or default back to Overnight Protein Pudding or a Protein Mocha (above).

Y'all afraid of getting fat or what??? I usually have a turkey sandwich and half a Cliff bar and on the other days this...

1709999396143.jpeg

And my breakfast is usually 5pm or after. That way I'm fasting for 10-12 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom