all posts post new thread

Program suggestions for shoulder injury

MBP

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi everyone. I just completed a cycle of Kettlebell Maximorum and started the Giant. I experienced great gains in pressing strength but now have pain in my left shoulder. I want to lay off the left shoulder to let things heal but don't want to lose my progress or break my momentum. Are there any recommendations for programming for 6-8 weeks? Is one sided Giant a possibility or will that throw everything completely out of whack? I want to continue to ride this wave but don't want to do anything stupid and permanently damage myself.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. I just completed a cycle of Kettlebell Maximorum and started the Giant. I experienced great gains in pressing strength but now have pain in my left shoulder. I want to lay off the left shoulder to let things heal but don't want to lose my progress or break my momentum. Are there any recommendations for programming for 6-8 weeks? Is one sided Giant a possibility or will that throw everything completely out of whack? I want to continue to ride this wave but don't want to do anything stupid and permanently damage myself.

Continuing to "ride this wave" isn't a good idea. Recuperate, then begin a pressing program again and you will almost certainly be able to regain the strength you've already achieved again.

-S-

Thanks in advance.
How's an appropriate size bell bottoms up press on your left side ?

What I would do (I have a history of funky shoulder)

Consult a physio
Focus on front squats at the moment (maybe some swings if your shoulder allows it)

I would hit up a chiropractor. Hopefully it’s just something minor they can adjust. Ice baths help quite a bit for achy joints. I personally like to rotate a high volume pressing program and follow it up with a lower volume one. Or switch to some barbell work and just kb press one day per week with a sorta 5 rep max weight for a 3x3 or 2x5 to maintain the strength in that lift. It works pretty well.

You are probably going to have to lay off pressing for a bit. Maybe find a couple of exercises that help stablise your shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom