all posts post new thread

"Home fitness still the norm even after COVID"

I trained mostly at the gym pre-covid. I train all at home now since covid because I switched to working from home in March 2020 and never went back. I built out my home gym with everything I need.

Still see a tonne of ads on facebook and online for homefitness equipment. There is still a lot of people buying home fitness equipment. I realise everyone has different needs and goals, youtube now has pretty much every facet of fitness covered.

I was going to a gym before Covid, but didn’t get serious into lifting and kettlebell until during Covid anyway. Built up my bell collection, built a pull up bar, got a bar and plates at a garage sale, got a nice ruck and I’ve had a bike forever. No plans on ever going back to a commercial gym. Maybe a cool local gym for the community aspect at some point if I can find one.

I go to the gym. I enjoy the social interaction and seeing people. Working from home, I hate being isolated where I don't leave the house for the day. I can do a kettlebell workout at home BUT, it's something like. Double Front Squats, Double Swings, Double Deadlift, Double Rows and 200 swings. That type of tedium gets old REAL quickly.

How many people are still doing home workouts even though lockdowns have been gone? There is still a lot of people buying home fitness equipment.
Home Workout Post Covid

Not as many people as you think are buying home fitness equipment.

With that said, research show that individuals who train at gym usually have some fitness at their homes.

The majority of individual who purchase Home Fitness Equipment and trained at home had dramatically dropped.

The majority are back in the gyms.

Peloton's Success

Peloton's was at the right place at the right time.

Due to gyms shutting down, their business blew up.

Peloton's Failure

Peloton appear to believe that training at home was the future.

However, it was not. People have migrated back in droves to the gyms for a multitude of reasons.

It appears this is one of the primary reasons...

I go to the gym. I enjoy the social interaction and seeing people.
Peloton has had considerable lay off and cut back in manufacturing fitness equipment. The business isn't there.

In the surge of their Peloton's Home Fitness Equipment revenue due to Covid, they purchase Precor (a top brand).

Precor is on the ropes and may be out of business at some point due to Peloton's poor management and drop in revenue,

Individual On This Board

Individual on this board are more likely to have fitness equipment and train at home.

This board "Psychographic" is unique in this regard.

Psychographic Term

Demographic breaks individual into age groups.

Psychography look at individuals, regardless of age, that share the same interest and buying habits; like this form.

Most of the individual on this forum share the same interest and vary in age from their 20s to 60s or 70s.

Last edited:
Just walking around my neighbourhood it is pretty clear garage gyms of some description aren't that uncommon. I follow Iron Wolf's workouts and few other youtubers. I still go to a gym it is more of a sportshub than a traditonal gym, it has a running track, a huge variety of Kettlebells, plyoboxes, gymnastic ring etc, very cool setup and roomy too.

Me, only home.

I miss my old city's commercial gym because of a couple of people. But those people have stayed in my life and will come to my wedding in 2 months, one as my best man despite a 2 years long only friendship.

I value time and efficiency. I moved in with my fiancee in a small 2 bed top floor flat and started buying kettlebells, because the gym became a 15 minutes drive ordeal. I ran 3 Neupert's programs and 6 weeks of Q&D from there before moving city and house, where I have a garage. I have rings and 8 bells, a small 6kg barbell (mobility) and I only go to a leisure centre now 2x week to swim. Everything else, as soon as I wake up, happens in the garage. I never miss a session, it beats community tbh. People come and go, time only goes, health stays forever.

I do go to the gym for a few reasons, primarily that it 1) has barbells, which I don't have at home, and 2) is almost directly across the street from me, and 3) it costs $20/mo for the whole family.
However, before moving to where I currently live, I did everything at home. I had clubs and sandbags, so that was what I used. I now have a kettlebell (and another club), but still have the sandbags, all of which I do at home. But when I can, I also go use the barbell. Right now, I could do either or both and I'm happy.

I've been training at home for 4 years!
Before, I went to the gym, even though the last one was big, I still had problems waiting a lot to use the squat rack, especially!
I solved all this and more flexibility in my schedule/time, training at home!
I have a set of kettlebells, a "heavy" sandbag for squat bear hugs... parallel dips (parallel dips) and a chin-up bar!
I'm not thinking about going back to the gym because the freedom training at home is unmatched!
My training is based on Ketlebell swing (Q&D, Axe), Squat sandbag bear hug, parallel dips and chin-ups..
Sometimes I alternate close grip pushups...
I have never felt so good compared to when I trained with a barbell!
I'm 60 years old and I feel better (strength, energy)....like I looked at 40 years old (barbel)!
Is it the "what the hell" effect?

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

I set up my garage gym from late April to late October and use that. Since I live in upstate NY, we need the garage in the winter, so I go to my local gym. $19.95 per month and they are fully stocked - except for 28 kg KB's. Drives me crazy as I'm ready to move up from 24's on Dan John's ABC, but I'm not ready for 32's.

Back
Top Bottom