all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Hey Aussies - Interesting Doco Channel 9 : Limitless & Endless Rope

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy

BillSteamshovel

Level 6 Valued Member
Just bumped into an interesting documentary on channel 9 called Limitless. Episode 4 broadcast a few days ago and can catch up first 3 on internet TV.

The actor, Chris Hemsworth, actor was initially having difficulty climbing up a rope , his coach was a chap called Ross Edgley.

Quick search on google and on this forum shows Ross Edgley mentioned in various discussions on the forum -and over the internet, some astounding achievements - ie climb 27,000 feet up a rope in 24 hours. Pull a mini minor around a marathon course............. And written several books

One of the items mentioned in the doco was an "endless" rope - basically you can climb a rope configured as a never ending loop over a pulley but only stay 1 foot above the ground. Would be fun to "climb" a rope and always be safely knee height off the ground. I imagine a bought one would be thousands of dollars, will do some googling.

Last edited:
I can highly recommend Ross's books. I have read his titles "The World's Fittest Book" and the "the Art of Resilience" which are both really great. Chock full of lots of good information and a good writing style. Also check out Ross's youtube series on the Great British Swim where he swam around the entirety of mainland Great Britain without setting foot on land.

Back
Top Bottom