all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Fabio's New Program

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Going to look out for when this is the daily deal and pick it up then. From the video looks like this has some isolation work included, as opposed to bts 3 & 6 which is all compounds

Finally a SF product with biceps curls

From the description it seems the main lifts need to be barbell lifts?

Finally a SF product with biceps curls

From the description it seems the main lifts need to be barbell lifts?
Having caved - and purchased it - no - some lifts are listed as kettlebell lifts. and as far as the progression goes - I would personally hope that you have doubles in 4kg increments based on some of the things I'm seeing. Not that it's impossible without such a selection - but it would fit more neatly into how the progressions are laid out.

But all in all, an incredibly interesting progression is prepared for you. And as I think to myself that it'd be great to run this as is, my personal rather minimalist equipment selection makes a few things difficult to select as an exercise option.

My current crop of equipment is more suited for simpler things like the Cruiser, or BTS 3.

at least with a barbell - I can load it to where I can use the same movements in different rep/intensity ranges, but a few cool things I see inside the program would be more interesting if I had a more complete selection of equipment, like a bench and a power rack.

all in all - I give the program an A+.
while I am willing to bet that there aren't many things that are new under the sun, this progression is new to me.
and the idea of swapping volume for intensity in a stair-stepped way seems very smart indeed.

and the accessory work makes for a very complete program.

Last edited:
Having caved - and purchased it - no - some lifts are listed as kettlebell lifts. and as far as the progression goes - I would personally hope that you have doubles in 4kg increments based on some of the things I'm seeing. Not that it's impossible without such a selection - but it would fit more neatly into how the progressions are laid out.

But all in all, an incredibly interesting progression is prepared for you. And as I think to myself that it'd be great to run this as is, my personal rather minimalist equipment selection makes a few things difficult to select as an exercise option.

My current crop of equipment is more suited for simpler things like the Cruiser, or BTS 3.

at least with a barbell - I can load it to where I can use the same movements in different rep/intensity ranges, but a few cool things I see inside the program would be more interesting if I had a more complete selection of equipment, like a bench and a power rack.

all in all - I give the program an A+.
while I am willing to bet that there aren't many things that are new under the sun, this progression is new to me.
and the idea of swapping volume for intensity in a stair-stepped way seems very smart indeed.

and the accessory work makes for a very complete program.
Is it a good program for kettlebell and bodyweight too ?

Is it a good program for kettlebell and bodyweight too ?
Maybe not.

The rep ranges you're going to be looking for to get this program going might need some band assists or a heavy back pack to get them loaded properly to work within the programs layout.

The initial exercise list in the program is definitely barbell based with some kettlebell movements mixed in.

It does have a couple things like pull ups or chin ups. But, for the most part you'll just have to do some homework on whether you can meet the requisite intensities.

Much easier to do with a more complete set of double bells at 4kg increments, or with a barbell with even finer increments of weights.

Back
Top Bottom