all posts post new thread

Kettlebell DFW with a pinch of bodyweight

Gd76

First Post
Hello everyone,

Quick introduction: 48 year old man, 1m90 and 91kg. Quite sporty in my youth (basketball, running, weight training) with a big break between 25 and 35 years old.

I got back in control about 10 years ago with exclusively KB and running. And I love one as much as the other! I found many benefits in KB for running.

I started the KB with Pavel (SS, ETK, some complexes) then the programs of Geoff Neupert (DFW, The Giant).

6 months ago I set results goals for running (half marathon) and I went on a diet which made me lose 12kg. Very happy, I feel like I’m flying now! Unfortunately, I lost quite a bit of strength and had to stop The Giant during 1.2. … I could no longer finish my sets (I train with KB of 2*24kg).
Back to DFW but with the desire to add bodyweight exercises. For variety and improving my weak points.

So I started a new cycle by adding DIPS to the program. To summarize, I do DFW but instead of alternating CP and DFD, I alternate CP, DFS and DIPS. On the first day (scale 1,2,3), the DIPS are a little difficult but I like it.

What do you think ? In general I don't like to distort the programs but I want to test (and certainly pull-ups instead of DIPS for a next cycle)
THANKS !
(PS: sorry for my text, I'm not fluent in english)

The usage of you pushing muscles (chest/shoulders/triceps) might be no good.

I would add the dips AFTER the session if anything. Ensure you add some extra pulling, too. Maybe a few sets of pulls ups and dips?

Hello everyone,

Quick introduction: 48 year old man, 1m90 and 91kg. Quite sporty in my youth (basketball, running, weight training) with a big break between 25 and 35 years old.

I got back in control about 10 years ago with exclusively KB and running. And I love one as much as the other! I found many benefits in KB for running.

I started the KB with Pavel (SS, ETK, some complexes) then the programs of Geoff Neupert (DFW, The Giant).

6 months ago I set results goals for running (half marathon) and I went on a diet which made me lose 12kg. Very happy, I feel like I’m flying now! Unfortunately, I lost quite a bit of strength and had to stop The Giant during 1.2. … I could no longer finish my sets (I train with KB of 2*24kg).
Back to DFW but with the desire to add bodyweight exercises. For variety and improving my weak points.

So I started a new cycle by adding DIPS to the program. To summarize, I do DFW but instead of alternating CP and DFD, I alternate CP, DFS and DIPS. On the first day (scale 1,2,3), the DIPS are a little difficult but I like it.

What do you think ? In general I don't like to distort the programs but I want to test (and certainly pull-ups instead of DIPS for a next cycle)
THANKS !
(PS: sorry for my text, I'm not fluent in english)
Welcome
Where are you located?

I'd recommend doing easy muscle instead if you need a pinch of dips and pullups

Tks for the replies !

@Bkb : yes, I noticed it (especialy for triceps) but it's still manageable with a low volume . If the workouts become too hard, i'll do what you suggest

@Mark : I'm from south of France :). Easy muscle is the next step but before I need to install my pull ou barre

Tks for the replies !

@Bkb : yes, I noticed it (especialy for triceps) but it's still manageable with a low volume . If the workouts become too hard, i'll do what you suggest

@Mark : I'm from south of France :). Easy muscle is the next step but before I need to install my pull ou barre
I see. Your English is decent..

But to add and deepen context, may I ask why you want to throw those movements into the mix?!

Thanks Mark (even if Google translate is very...usefull sometimes)

KB are part of my lifestyle for years : for strenght, flexibility, muscular and cardiovascular endurance , joint strengthening (benefits for running are amazing), etc,etc

But I noticed that I had some weak points. Specially for movements that KB don't work (push UP , chin up)

Hypertrophy is not my focus but I want to be as balanced as possible

Thanks Mark (even if Google translate is very...usefull sometimes)

KB are part of my lifestyle for years : for strenght, flexibility, muscular and cardiovascular endurance , joint strengthening (benefits for running are amazing), etc,etc

But I noticed that I had some weak points. Specially for movements that KB don't work (push UP , chin up)

Hypertrophy is not my focus but I want to be as balanced as possible
Ok now that puts things in perspective..

What I would do...

A different double bell plan (the built strong dice roll plan or the cruiser would be a good choice) then do the giant..

Back