all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance The Triple Threat Program

James1520

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello,
Has anyone given “The Triple Threat” program from Strong Endurance a try?
I’m just curious how long to run the program
(as far as I can tell, Pavel recommends 6wks for Strength Aerobics) and would you test your 1RM’s before and after the program? Or just estimate your 1RM for each lift based off the competition lifts and then add weight when you run it again?
I’m not concerned with the actual 1RM number, just building the strength endurance for work & play.
Thursdays find your 80-85% 1RM for SQ/BP/DL, would that be with the Zercher SQ, Close Grip BP & whatever DL variation you’re using on the other days, or is it meant to be the competition style of each lift?

Thanks for any help,
James

Hello,
Has anyone given “The Triple Threat” program from Strong Endurance a try?
I’m just curious how long to run the program
(as far as I can tell, Pavel recommends 6wks for Strength Aerobics) and would you test your 1RM’s before and after the program? Or just estimate your 1RM for each lift based off the competition lifts and then add weight when you run it again?
I’m not concerned with the actual 1RM number, just building the strength endurance for work & play.
Thursdays find your 80-85% 1RM for SQ/BP/DL, would that be with the Zercher SQ, Close Grip BP & whatever DL variation you’re using on the other days, or is it meant to be the competition style of each lift?

Thanks for any help,
James
I'm running it in three weeks time. I was not intending to test before or after to be honest. Just hoping to build endurance and maintain DL while running Plan 524A.

There are a number of previous threads that mention this program.

-S-
Hey Steve,
I thought there would be, I’ve only been able to find posts that reference “ Triple Threat” from Derek & Kenneth’s All Terrain Conditioning course, which is very similar is format (3 power swings, 3 power push-ups & 3 jump squats) for 20-30-or 40min performed 3x/wk following the delta 20 principle)

What piqued my interest was the program Pavel has in Strong Endurance Express, which he describes as IC for grapplers, still 3 days/wk but each day starts with a Q&D session and then has different exercises for each day, duration is also decided by a dice roll.

I'm running it in three weeks time. I was not intending to test before or after to be honest. Just hoping to build endurance and maintain DL while running Plan 524A.
Okay great, thanks Pete.
That’s the way I’m leaning, just wanted a bit of a change up from Plans 025 & 550 that is still within the SE umbrella.

Back
Top Bottom