all posts post new thread

Hypertrophy Dan John ABC

I know I will get killed by everyone for arguing on Dan John....too bad.

I prefer "disagreeing" to "arguing" but I have done this from time to time and it hasn't killed me. As a member of the "stiff-necked people," I come from a tradition where disagreeing with authority is not only tolerated but encouraged.

Dan's participation here is valuable to us all. Thank you, @Dan John.

It's a fair point he makes that you were disagreeing with a quote-without-context from a book of his - best to read the book.

IMO, the slower one affects changes, the more likely they are to stick, and I'm willing to apply that to any non-life-threatening situation, including but not limited to strength, hypertrophy, eating habits, endurance events, and playing a musical instrument. To say that someone put on this much muscle in that short a period of time isn't the best approach for most people pursuing most goals most of the time, in my opinion. (See Library of Congress Aesop Fables for the story of the Rabbit and the Hare.)

JMO, YMMV.

-S-

I know I will get killed by everyone for arguing on Dan John....too bad.
I've been known to disagree with Dan over some minor point, but I'm still his biggest fan. ;)
There is only a certain amount of mas shrimp squats and pistols can give you.
The main drawback of bodyweight training is not the knee bend stuff, but the hinge: you can get away doing some exotic one-legged squats and Nordic curls, but jumping is not enough.

Back
Top Bottom