all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

I adopted a breathing pattern like this for single KB work when I went to Iron Cardio. I really liked it.

When I was doing double KBs in Mr. Neupert's programs, I hadn't learned the "inhale during the active press negative" bit. I would inhale at the lockout and exhale with the active negative.

That said, once the reps got high enough in Giant, I found that I sometimes needed an extra breath in the rack. I'm not sure if I was pushing myself too hard, though.
My experience is similar with the higher reps.

Wonder if skipping a day in the middle of the month helps out?

I normally add 10ish reps on Sundays compared to the previous Sunday. Well, I had to miss a Thursday (day 3) workout, which gave me Wednesday through Saturday off. I added 25 reps that Sunday over the previous Sunday.

I looked back at my notes for 1.0 and it turns out the same thing happened, missed one day halfway through and added over twice the normal reps to my following workout day.

Maybe I’ll try that on purpose one day when I’m in a rut?

Anyone else notice that? Apparently my body really enjoys rest.
That is very huge progress to be honest. I would be super happy if I increased that many reps in one month let alone skipping a day. If I remember correctly in one of the newsletters geoff talked about turning a phase from 4 weeks to 6 weeks by only training twice a week (If a person only wants to workout twice a week that is). Anyways even if you are doing twice a week instead of only skipping one day you are still doing the same amount of work if you do 2X 30:00 vs someone who does 3X but 20:00 of duration.

Hi Everyone
I am really happy that I already completed week 4 of Giant X1. Here are my numbers for 30:00 of work this week:
W4D1: 41 Reps
This day felt good even though I don’t think I hit a lot more numbers but the lifts felt easier.
W4D2: 39 Reps
I am very very happy that I have completed this day. I was worried about the rep scheme for this day because they seemed really tough and the top of the ladder was the reps of my test day before starting the program. I rested a lot between sets and got the job done.
W4D3: 48 Reps
This is my favorite day of the week. Felt really good and even though I was training with less than optimal sleep I still felt great during the workout.

Completing half of Giant X1 feels really good. I can’t wait to tackle the rest of the program and start X2 right after. What got me excited about X2 is the variety of the lifts. I am practicing the push press during my warmups so I can train that lift when it is time to do X2. The seesaw press seems simple and straightforward. (X2 has three lifts C&P - Seesaw press - Push press)

Hope everyone has a great day.

Back
Top Bottom