all posts post new thread

Is Anatoly legit or fake weights?

In many of his videos they also have the plates loaded really weird. Like what kind of deranged freak loads a bar with 10s on the inside and then a couple 45s, and then a 25 on the outside? Sorry but that kind of crap just pisses me off.

Volunteering as an IWF plate loader has made me neurotic about bad plate loading.

If real, he’s gimping his lift

In many of his videos they also have the plates loaded really weird. Like what kind of deranged freak loads a bar with 10s on the inside and then a couple 45s, and then a 25 on the outside? Sorry but that kind of crap just pisses me off.
me =))
I even have collar inside before loading plates. You know, sumo

I haven't watched a whole lot of his stuff but I thought what I did watch was amusing. Just a smaller sized strong mofo who found a niche on YouTube and nothing wrong with that. I'd rather watch some of his stuff than pranks that are staged and not even funny.

What all the kettlebell (and surrounding world) podcasts have taught me is:

the combination of "Vladimir" + a last name that ends in "ansky" or "enko" implies legitimacy and legendary status.
And if it ends in "chko" or "tin" doesn't it imply such a status:)
I'm joking, of course

So, my investigation seems to imply that Mr. Anatoly does not seem to have competed in a federation.
this seems to be a very similar story to Clarence Kennedy as far as I can tell.

Monster lifter - does NOT compete in a federation.
he apparently has his reasons.
Correct, he stopped competing when started juicing. I don't think he makes a big deal about it, but he also hasn't hid it.

at age 19
That seems very strange to me. When I was about 16 I deadlifted 405, benched 255, and squatted in the 300’s at 165 pounds. And power cleaned 245. He has to be capable of much more than that with the stuff he posts in his pranks or he stages it with fake weights. I guess I should’ve competed in an actual federation instead of the high school lifting team.

Back
Top Bottom