all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed GYM MEMES (cont'd)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
While the up/down bands seem crazy at first sight (one makes things easier, one makes things harder), I can see the point - both sets are working together to make the top of the lift harder than the bottom (One set makes the top harder, the other makes the bottom easier)

I don’t know whether this is a particularly good way to use bands, but it is not actually as crazy as it appears at first sight.

While the up/down bands seem crazy at first sight (one makes things easier, one makes things harder), I can see the point - both sets are working together to make the top of the lift harder than the bottom (One set makes the top harder, the other makes the bottom easier)

I don’t know whether this is a particularly good way to use bands, but it is not actually as crazy as it appears at first sight.
It's not totally crazy - the main advantage of this would be there would always be higher band tension both at the top AND bottom of the lift and the bands will act to track the bar path much like a Smith machine would. That's not really a good thing though - ime, when you spend too much time w. bands (regular or reverse) - it requires some time to get used to straight bar weight again because the bands add stability - with LK's set-up, it'd be even worse. So as a very short term use variant, it probably would be okay but I would use it almost never.

hat's not really a good thing though - ime, when you spend too much time w. bands (regular or reverse) - it requires some time to get used to straight bar weight again because the bands add stability
I can second to that.
Bands with bench press feels like an aggressive lift up (you don't need to straight arm pull down the bar because the bands do it for ya)
Squat with band also feels quite different. I feel the tension in my quads right from the start.
(But that doesn't mean bands are bad, I still use it )

Back
Top Bottom