all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

It got me thinking, are there any benefits or disadvantages of, say, running 15 minutes of The Giant 1.0 W1D1 and 15 minutes of The Giant 3.0 W1D1 in the same training session?

What do you hope to accomplish?

Neupert designs excellent programs. His programing is well thought out. He delivers results.

Do the programs as designed. Trust the process. Stay consistent. You will accomplish your goals.

Sometimes during my sessions, I like to mix up the weight a little. So, if I, for example, am running The Giant with a 1.0 with a 5-rep session (double 20s), I sometimes end the training session with a few 1 or 2 reps with my double 24s.

I really enjoy this because it makes me feel both strong and pumped at the same time ;)

It got me thinking, are there any benefits or disadvantages of, say, running 15 minutes of The Giant 1.0 W1D1 and 15 minutes of The Giant 3.0 W1D1 in the same training session?
Feeling good is underrated. Doing the program as written makes the most sense for the first time through, but after that, go crazy (while taking good notes!)

If you find something that is measurably better for you, share it here, and others might try.

Random changes are often not going to lead to improvements, but sometimes you might hit something good. After all, programs are often written for one size of bell for pragmatic reasons.

I've considered having one day a week sets of 2 with 5RM and the other days maybe sets of 5 and sets of 8 with 10RM. If I ever do that, I'll report the results.

Feeling good is underrated. Doing the program as written makes the most sense for the first time through, but after that, go crazy (while taking good notes!)

If you find something that is measurably better for you, share it here, and others might try.

Random changes are often not going to lead to improvements, but sometimes you might hit something good. After all, programs are often written for one size of bell for pragmatic reasons.

I've considered having one day a week sets of 2 with 5RM and the other days maybe sets of 5 and sets of 8 with 10RM. If I ever do that, I'll report the results.
These are my exact thoughts.

I don't really have any other specific goals than to get stronger, fitter, and look good naked. A significant part of achieving these goals is enjoying the workouts. As previously mentioned, I love the format of The Giant and I love the C&P. But sometimes, it feels good to mix it up a little.

These are my exact thoughts.

I don't really have any other specific goals than to get stronger, fitter, and look good naked. A significant part of achieving these goals is enjoying the workouts. As previously mentioned, I love the format of The Giant and I love the C&P. But sometimes, it feels good to mix it up a little.
Rather than mixing 3.0 with the rest of the series, why not just hit a top set with that heavier weight and then back off with 20 min of Giant? For instance, work up to a heavy single with 32kg, then back off to your 24s for a normal 20 min Giant session ?

Hello Everyone
I just got done with week 5 of Giant X1. Here are my numbers for 20:00 of work:
W5D1: 34 Reps
This day felt challenging enough but in a good day
W5D2: 34 Reps
This is a difficult day but the rep scheme is less difficult than last week so it felt a bit easier. Getting over with this day always makes me happy.
W5D3: 36 Reps
This is my favorite day of the week. Reps felt really good and I am quite surprised that these reps were challenging for me before the program but now I consider them somewhat “light”.

Next week is week 6 and gonna be 23:00 of work. I can’t believe how fast the weeks are passing by. I can’t wait to finish the cross line because I know that will feel really good!

Have a good day everyone !

Back
Top Bottom